The tender buds, resilient leaves of this raw puer was harvested in the spring.
- Dry Leaf Aroma: Delicate trace of an old fashioned perfume and tobacco.
- Wet Leaf Aroma: Toffee - like sweetness with hints of roasted grain.
- Body: An abundance of orchids and other exotic florals greet the taste buds. The strong smoked camphor character offers a bracing balance to the heady floral notes and turns into cooling mint and citrus. Warm, buttery caramel notes awaken at the bottom of the cup. Brisk and lively with a wild musky side that is reminiscent of a vintage cologne.
- Finish: Intensely cool and spicy with cleansing anise notes.
- Qi: Strong and euphoric for some.
Vessel size: 100ml - 200ml. Tea quantity: 1/4 or 1/3 Vol. of vessel capacity. Water Temperature: Fish-eye boil - 212 degrees F.
Flash rinse: Pour the heated water over the tea leaves until covered. Quickly pour out the water and allow the now rinsed leaves to sit for 60 sec. 1st steep: 1s - 2nd steep: 5s - 3rd steep: 20s, rest 10 mins - 4th steep: 20s - 5th steep: 60s.
Traditional Kung-Fu Tea Preparation:
Pre-heat your tea vessel with boiling water, discard water before putting tea in. Add the tea leaves to the heated vessel. Add boiling water to the leaves until tea vessel overflows. Discard water immediately, this is to rinse and heat the tea leaves